Dapp helps implement and support Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
With dapp, DevOps engineers generate and deploy images by linking together:
- application code (with Git support),
- infrastructure code (with Ansible or shell scripts), and
- platform as a service (Kubernetes).
Dapp simplifies development of build scripts, reduces commit build time and automates deployment. It is designed to make engineer’s work fast end efficient.
- Reducing average build time.
- Sharing a common cache between builds.
- Running distributed builds with common registry.
- Reducing image size by detaching source data and build tools.
- Building images with Ansible or shell scripts.
- Building multiple images from one description.
- Advanced tools for debugging built images.
- Deploying to Kubernetes via helm, the Kubernetes package manager.
- Tools for cleaning both local and remote Docker registry caches.